Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ISO50 – The Visual Work of Scott Hansen

Meet Scott Hansen, california-based musician (Tycho) and artist (ISO50), who dropped his successful freelance career to pursue his dream and work solo to focus on his own design and music, free of trendy influences. To Scott, design is the search for efficiency – efficiency in conveying a message and efficiency in form. He believes that minimalism is also key, especially since it limits content and forces the designer to reveal the core of the idea through the most direct route. I think that's a great philosophy, not only in design, but also in life. To see and hear all his work, check out his website here. Oh! And make sure you check out the shop!








Quick side note: I had meant to feature ISO50 in my blog for a while, and although I hadn't told anyone, my office roomie (the person I share an office with at work) brought a bunch of Scott Hansen's posters this week for us to decorate our space! What a coincidence, perhaps we are indeed meant to share an office : )

No comments: