Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Wish I Could...

But I can't do what Bombo! (AKA Marizio Santucci) does, I simply cannot. As we all know, collages are hot, but his style is different from what I've seen, less reliant on textures and more dependent on the actual form, which means that Marizio must be one heck of an illustrator. Marizio was born in Barga, outside of Lucca, Italy, where he lives and works. He attended ISIA design school in Florence, Italy from 2000 to 2004. After two years of working in advertising agencies, he became a freelance illustrator, although he continues to write and illustrate short comic books. His clients include Rolling Stone, Vodafone, Giunti, and many more.






Speaking on cut paper and theater like effects, this is my favorite animation ever! The end credits of "A Series of Unfortunate Events." It is simply spectacular. The color palette is exquisite, the animation is flawless, the illustrations full of personality and loveable "flaws," and the music is beautiful. I've watched these probably a hundred times, yet I'm surprised at the number of designers who have never even heard of it! Please watch these careful, I promise you will not be disappointed and will find yourself – like I often do – referring to them.


No comments: