Saturday, September 6, 2008

Harajuku Lovers Fragrance Targets Two Senses: Smell and Sight

In all honesty, I can't tell you that I remotely care what the new Harajuku Lovers Fragrances by Gwen Stefani smell like, but I recognize the great packaging. Following the ever-growing trend of Japanese illustrations and toys, these cute little bottles are definitely eye-popping to the right audience. I almost want to go out and spend the 30 dollars just to have one to display in my bathroom! (Notice, I said almost, I'm not completely crazy!) Each bottle represents and different scent and personality, there are 5 total: Love, Lil' Angel, Music, Baby, and G. At first glance these small figurines may not appear all that great, but their hair style and fashion statement is well worth a double take.

LOVE – a floral with notes of bergamot, pomelo (citrus, a little like grapefruit), peach, rose, jasmine, orchid and musk
LIL' ANGEL – a fruity floral with notes of various berries, such as raspberry, cranberry, blackberry, as well as pineapple, rose and amber
MUSIC – a floral with notes of clementine, pear, jasmine, sweet pea, honeysuckle, vanilla and musk
BABY – a powder musk with freesia, bergamot, rose, jasmine, musk, heliotrope, vanilla and violet
G – a food lover's fragrance with mandarin, coconut, apple, freesia and sandalwood

If I had to define myself through these adorable little bottles, I would want to be MUSIC, but I'm not going to fool myself, I'm not Asian, so unfortunately I would be closer to G, although the name makes me smile and her barely-there outfit is just scandalous enough to others blush.

No comments: