Tuesday, December 15, 2009

DYI – 5 Steps to Beautiful Hanging Pom Poms

I've been looking all over the web for an easy solution to make pom poms and found very little I was interested in – until I stumbled across Once Wed. In five simple steps, you can create the most wonderful hanging pom poms use them as everyday decorations, or for the holidays.

SUPPLIES
Fabric, scissors, hot glue gun, and chinese lanterns.

STEP 1
Cut circles out of fabric.

STEP 2
Fold the circle in half and put a little hot glue on the center, then fold over to secure.

STEP 3
Apply more hot glue to the bottom of the folded circle.

STEP 4
Press the bottom of the folded circle with the hot glue onto the chinese lantern.

STEP 5
Repeat these steps until the whole lantern is covered. Once finished, attached some fabric to the metal frame of the lantern to hang.







:: Discovered via Once Wed

2 comments:

Sara said...

Cuuuute! I also saw pom poms out of cupcake liners. Nice texture and super sweet as well. You aren't making these for your home are you?!?! I'll help!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

My Marie Bee said...

You're amazing!! I was going to try to find the supplies later this week so I can make them next week :) These would make a great wreath too!